Encompass Group LLC Supply Chain Compliance
Encompass Group LLC is one of the leading manufacturers and marketers of reusable textiles, professional apparel, therapeutic support surfaces and disposable and single use medical products. We are proud to be a privately held company, with ownership shared by Encompass employees and our combined corporate family. We are equally proud of our commitment to conduct business in accordance with high ethical standards and ensure compliance with United States and International laws.
Our company is vigilant to the possibility of human trafficking and slavery in its supply chain and joins the international community in condemning such practices and is committed to preventing them anywhere in its supply chain.
The action taken by California, a state that Encompass conducts business, in 2010 under the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act requires our company to disclose what actions we take to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not a practice within the Encompass supply chain.
- Verification: Encompass sourcing personnel regularly engage in verification of its product supply chain. An assessment is performed without use of a third party while using on site review utilizing internal resources and external relevant publications.
- Audits: Our Supplier Code of Conduct specifically focuses on the human conditions provided by each of our suppliers we do business with. They are regularly audited and graded on the results of their compliance with the Code of Conduct. These audits are not completed by a third party but are conducted by our own sourcing personnel.
- Certification: Encompass requires all suppliers to comply with applicable laws of each respective country regarding human trafficking and slavery and purchase agreements and purchase orders will not be issued if the supplier fails to prove compliance.
- Accountability: Encompass internal Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct requires that all employees, contractors, and suppliers respect and ensure compliance with US Law and the laws of the countries in which we do business. As regards to the standards set forth by Encompass which insist on respect for the human condition and a supply chain free of human trafficking and slavery, the company expects complete compliance. In situations where an employee or supplier is found to be non-compliant, the company will investigate and resolve the matter in a fashion consistent with the standards expected. Resolution and compliance that is not completed in a timely way or when non-compliant situations are repeated, Encompass may terminate the employee and/or terminate the business relationship. We will require and depend on the co-operation of our employees as well as our business partners to assist in resolving incidences of human trafficking and slavery should they exist anywhere in our supply chain.
- Training: Our employees are trained in order to ensure that supply chain management and other personnel are knowledgeable and have an awareness of the risks of human trafficking and slavery. The also understand the Encompass commitment to mitigating those risks.